Frosts, Mattes & Shimmers
LipSense® lip colors are perfect to mix and match; LipSense® is versatile in that you can use LipSense® shades to create a number of effects.
- Highlighter Shades: LipSense® Liquid Lip Color is also offered in illuminating shades specifically designed to highlight any one of the LipSense® colors. These colors create versatility and drama when added to any shade or simply used alone they can be worn separately or combined with any of our beautiful colors for a look that adds a luminescent effect to all lips!
- Mica Shades: Multi-dimensional colors that create depth for richness and texture.
- Solid Pigment Shades: Color perfection for a solid shade expression of deeper, sheer, or soft sheen.
The Science Behind the Product
This unique product is waterproof and does not kiss off, smear off, rub off, or budge off! And, just as important it does not dry out your lips. In fact, it restores the moisture content of your lips when used properly. LipSense® Liquid Lip Color can last anywhere between 4 and 18 hours.
LipSense® is a non-wax liquid lip color that stays on your skin. LipSense® provides a natural shield from the sun. The proprietary formulations and color pigments in LipSense® help create a mechanical covering for the lips. That means the skin on your lips are protected from the sun’s rays by the color pigments, therefore your lips are more protected from harmful rays. That is just one of the reasons your lips become so smooth and soft with consistent use of LipSense. The patented formulation technology includes:
Cosmetic grade Denatured Alcohol is nothing close to Isopropyl Alcohol–or rubbing alcohol. In fact, you need Denatured Alcohol to apply LipSense® to lips. While rubbing alcohol instantly removes LipSense® from the skin. We do not recommend the use of rubbing alcohol on the skin because it dries out the skin. LipSense® is formulated with Denatured Alcohol because:
- It is thinner than water and suspends the tiny particles within the formula.
- It immediately evaporates from the skin upon the delivery of the technology to the skin. (The “tingling” sensation felt on the lips, when some wearers first begin to use the color, is the evaporation process of the Denatured Alcohol felt within the dry cracks of the lips. This sensation disappears as lower layers of skin’s moisture content are restored by the use of the moisturizing gloss.)
Tiny Particles: The particles that help the color pigments to molecularly bind to the skin. Over time, the particles begin to detach from the skin’s surface. The rate at which this occurs varies tremendously and is based upon the pH-balance of each person’s skin and the color they’ve chosen to wear for the day.
Color Pigments: Each tube of color has a varied formulation and mixture of color pigments to arrive at a specific color. Some colors naturally last longer than others because of the different body chemistry of each wearer, plus some colors are thicker or richer in color pigmentations, while others are sheer and thinner.
Layering LipSense®: Layering LipSense® is a must due to the fact the color breaks down with the pH balance of the skin.
- 1st layer: touches the skin’s pH and will begin to break down first and fastest.
- 2nd layer: protected from the bottom, away from the skin’s pH, by the first layer.
- 3rd layer: protects the second layer from the top down and prevents sheering of second layer of color by keeping away friction, saliva, and the natural environment.
The third layer breaks down just like the first layer, but from the top down. The second layer is sandwiched between the first and third and is protected by both for the longest period of use.
Mica: LipSense® Lip Colors formulated with Micas do not tend to wear as long as the solid matte shades of LipSense®. Micas create shine and shimmer. They reflect light and are made of particles that are larger than color pigments. Micas and may flick off the skin with regular skin movements. Talking and scraping lip movements like drinking from a cup can facilitate this process. You can assume up to an hour of less wear when wearing a Mica color.
Glossing: It is important to know the long-lasting properties of LipSense® are enhanced by any of the LipSense® moisturizing glosses. The gloss products also help to keep the lips moist and plump.